You don't have to travel far to get the medical imaging tests you need. CarolinaEast Health System's team can provide comprehensive and high-quality imaging services in North Carolina with a caring and personal touch.
State-of-the-art imaging tests, close to home
Our imaging services are provided through our Radiology Department and Diagnostic Center, our Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology Lab and our Nuclear Medicine Department.
Each of these teams is made up of imaging professionals who have undergone rigorous training and have years of experience in their fields.
We've also invested in some of the latest imaging technology and equipment, so that we can provide the best quality images possible. When radiation is needed for a test, our state-of-the-art equipment ensures that you receive the lowest dose possible.
Our team can perform a wide range of diagnostic and imaging tests including:
- 3-D mammograms.
- Biopsies—including stereotactic breast biopsies.
- Bone densitometry tests to check bone strength and help diagnose osteoporosis.
- Cancer imaging.
- Cardiology imaging and stress tests.
- Positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) scans. We have one of only two permanent PET/CT scanners in the eastern part of North Carolina.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
How to make use of our holistic imaging services
CarolinaEast uses centralized scheduling, which means you can be seen within days of requesting an appointment. A referral from a doctor is required.