CarolinaEast Health System strives to provide outstanding and compassionate care for all healthcare services. We are committed to:
- Running a fiscally responsible organization in order to provide continued community access to quality healthcare services.
- Providing emergency healthcare to all patients regardless of their ability to pay.
- Assisting patients who cannot pay for part or all of the medical care that they receive.
- Treating all patients equitably and with dignity, respect and compassion.
CarolinaEast Medical Center understands the cost of healthcare may be a hardship. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service and financial assistance.
CarolinaEast offers patient-focused options to assist you with your medical expenses.
- CarolinaEast will gladly file your medical insurance claims.
- CarolinaEast has experienced patient counselors on staff to help determine if you may be eligible for Medicaid or other government assistance programs.
- If you are deemed potentially eligible for Medicaid by our patient counselors, professional staff from the Craven County Department of Social Services are on-site to assist you with your application.
About your bill
After receiving services, you will automatically receive a summary bill for inpatient services and an itemized bill for outpatient services. Please keep these bills for future reference.
Thereafter, you will periodically receive a statement giving the status of your balance. A telephone contact number for financial assistance will appear on all bills and statements.
If you'd like an inpatient itemized statement, contact our Business Office at 252.633.8701 within 180 days of discharge.
Paying your bill
You can pay your bill in the following ways:
- In person at our Cashier's Office, which is located just inside the main entrance to the hospital.
- Over the phone by calling our customer service line at 252.633.8701. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- By completing the credit card section on your statement and sending that to us.
Visit our financial assistance page to learn about options for people who are unable to pay their balance in full.
Bills from other providers
In addition to your bill from CarolinaEast Medical Center, you may receive separate bills from specialists such as your hospitalist, emergency department doctor, surgeon, anesthesiologist, cardiologist, radiologist and pathologist.
If you have questions regarding their charges, please contact the provider directly.