On February 5th, we were honored to support the following organizations and programs in the first grant cycle fiscal year 2020 totaling $93,460.00.
- Craven County Senior Services - Sunshine Center Respite Program - provides temporary relief to caregivers who are caring for loved ones with Alzheimer's disease and other neurological disorders.
- Crystal Coast Autism Center - Adolescent social skills class for children who are on the Autism spectrum or have other developmental disabilities.
- Loaves and Fishes of Beaufort - Scholarships for men who are struggling with a substance abuse disorder.
- The MirlAM - Scholarships for women who are struggling with a substance abuse disorder.
- Promise Place - Trauma-focused therapy and childhood sexual assault prevention education.
- Religious Community Services (RCS) - Medical-related expenses assistance program for local families in need.
- Reviving Lives Ministries of New Bern - Faith-based 12 step residential recovery program for men and women struggling with substance abuse.
- True Justice International - Medical needs for those who may have been trafficked and experienced severe trauma.
- United Worship Center - Faith based residential program for men who are going through substance abuse recovery.
The CarolinaEast Foundation is proud to partner with local nonprofit organizations to help create healthier communities through our grant program. On May 8th, 2019, the Foundation awarded $78,600 to the following 12 local organizations. It is an honor to assist those organizations in achieving their mission.
- Craven Literacy Council—Mock medical clinic for students. Learn how to integrate health literacy into their lessons
- Don Lee Camp and Retreat- Provide camp scholarships to children and teens with cancer, hemophilia, sickle cell, or other blood disorders to attend Camp Rainbow and Camp Hope
- MERCI Clinic—Electronic health records technology upgrade
- NC Dental Health Fund—Craven County—NC Mission of Mercy-Craven Co.:Free dental program serving the dental needs of the uninsured and underinsured of Eastern NC
- Neuse Neighbors Network- Assist with recruiting and training volunteers to provide support for persons over 50 to allow them to remain living independently in their homes
- Neuse Pamlico Sound Women's Coalition—Sponsor children with sickle cell disease to attend a week long program at Camp Hope
- Promise Place—Trauma-focused therapy and childhood sexual assault prevention education
- Religious Community Services (RCS)—Medical-related expense assistance program
- Reviving Lives Ministries of New Bern—Faith-based 12-step residential recovery program for substance abuse
- Ronald McDonald House of Eastern NC-Will help cover a portion of the cost of a family's stay at the Ronald McDonald House
- True Justice International-Therapy for those who may have been trafficked and experienced severe trauma
- Twin Rivers YMCA—3rd and 4th grade water safety program and spring swim lessons
On August 28th, we were honored to support the following organizations and programs in the second grant cycle fiscal year 2019 totaling $96,110.00:
- Backpack Blessings, Inc.—Summer feeding and high school nutrition programs for children with food insecurity at home
- The Bike Box Project-Exercise program for individuals with Parkinson's disease
- Catholic Charities—Senior Pharmacy Program for low-income seniors, ages 60 and older.
- Eastern Pregnancy information Clinic-Equip education program to train young parents to become independent
- Hope Clinic—Medical care and opioid / alcohol addiction treatment program
- Mile of Hope Foundation—Event-filled weekend escape for children and their families facing cancer.
- SECU Family House at UNC Hospital—Provide affordable housing for patient and caregivers who travel to UNC Hospitals.*
- Uptown Business and Professional Assn.Health care needs, health education and training for individuals living in the Greater Five Points and Duffyfields Community
* Patients assisted are from our five-county service area.