The CarolinaEast Foundation is proud to partner with local nonprofit organizations to help create healthier communities through our grant program. On February 7, 2018, the Foundation awarded $94,480 to the following 12 local organizations. It is an honor to assist those organizations in achieving their mission.
- American Heart Association—CPR training program.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Coastal Carolina—Healthy snacks for youth to aid in teaching how to maintain good health through proper nutrition.
- Craven County's HOPE—Heroin opiate prevention education.
- Craven Literacy Council—Integration of health literacy instruction into existing basic skills lessons.
- Crystal Coast Autism Center—Specially designed equipment for children with autism to develop social, motor and cognitive skills.
- MERCI Clinic—On-site dental clinic and software to improve pharmacy efficiencies.
- Neuse Pamlico Sound Women's Coalition—Sponsor children with sickle cell disease to attend a weeklong program at Camp Hope.
- Promise Place—Trauma-focused therapy and childhood sexual assault prevention education.
- Religious Community Services (RCS)—Medical-related expense assistance program.
- Reviving Lives Ministries of New Bern—Faith-based 12-step residential recovery program for substance abuse.
- Township Seven EMS—Stair chair to aid in safely transporting patients from multi-story homes and buildings.
- Twin Rivers YMCA—3rd and 4th grade water safety program and spring swim lessons.
We are honored to support the following organizations and programs in the second grant cycle fiscal year 2017 totaling $134,700:
- Backpack Blessings, Inc.—Summer feeding and high school nutrition programs for children with food insecurity at home
- Camp Sea Gull/Seafarer—Camp weekend for families living with and surviving cancer.
- Carteret Co. Domestic Violence Program—Provide nutritional foods and medical assistance to victims of domestic violence.
- Catholic Charities—Senior Pharmacy Program for low-income seniors, ages 60 and older.
- Coastal Women's Shelter—Programs to address the needs of children and mothers experiencing domestic violence.
- Community Coalition-Craven Co Children—Provide education and prevention information to reduce substance abuse in our community.
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC—Nutritional meals and health education for children in need.
- Hope Clinic—Medical care and substance abuse treatment to uninsured adults.
- Mile of Hope Foundation—Event-filled weekend escape for children and their families facing cancer.
- NC Dental Health Fund—Craven County—Free two-day dental program serving the dental needs of the uninsured and underinsured.
- New Bern Parks & Recreations—Update exercise equipment at the Stanley White Recreation Center to increase wellness.
- SECU Comprehensive Cancer Center—Community Health Garden at CarolinaEast to encourage healthier eating and activity.
- SECU Family House at UNC Hospital—Provide affordable housing for patient and caregivers who travel to UNC Hospitals.*
* Patients assisted are from our five-county service area.