The American Heart Association's mission is "Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke." CarolinaEast Training Center has partnered with the AHA to work toward achieving that goal by:
- Improving the chain of survival and acute care treatment.
- Enhancing prevention and disease management.
- Increasing the number of instructors, providers, partnerships, training materials and programs.
CarolinaEast has been an American Heart Association Training Center since 2010. Our staff serve as regional liaisons to the AHA and act as resources for a large network of instructors.
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
Classes will be offered on the below dates at 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the education department located behind the main hospital building:
- Jan. 29, 2019
- Feb. 26, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- April 23, 2019
- May 28, 2019 (7:30 a.m. initial class; 1:30 p.m. renewal class).
- June 25, 2019
- July 30, 2019
- August 27, 2019
- Sep. 24, 2019
- Oct. 29, 2019 (7:30 a.m. initial class; 1:00 p.m. renewal class).
- Nov. 26, 2019
- Dec. 13, 2019
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for Healthcare Providers — Recertification
Offered at 8 a.m. in the education department behind the main hospital on the dates below:
- Jan. 18, 2019
- March 8, 2019
- May 3, 2019
- Sep. 27, 2019
- Nov. 15, 2019
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers — Recertification
Offered at 8 a.m. on the dates below in the education department located behind the main hospital:
- Feb. 1, 2019
- March 29, 2019
- April 19, 2019
- Sep. 13, 2019
- Oct. 18, 2019
- Nov. 2, 2019
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers — Initial certification
Two-day course, offered at 8 a.m. on the dates below in the education department located behind the main hospital:
- May 16 & 17, 2019
- Dec. 11 & 12, 2019
Course fee schedule
- BLS for Healthcare Providers—$90 (includes class, book, study packet and card).
- ACLS for Healthcare Providers—$180 (includes class, book and card).
- PALS for Healthcare Providers—$180 (includes class, book and card).
- Instructor BLS/HeartSaver for Healthcare Providers—$600 (Instructor kit includes: BLS/HS Essentials online courses, manuals, class and instructor card).
- Training Center Affiliation Fee (Instructor)—$50/year ($10 late fee will be added after November 1).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Cards—$5 per participant.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Replacement Card (Individual)—$10 (allow five days).
- HeartSaver Cards—$20 per participant, Replacement Cards—$22..
No refunds will be given. Prices are subject to change without notice.
*Fee disclaimer for American Heart Association courses
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the association.