Latest update from CarolinaEast Health System
For the safety of our patients, staff and community, CarolinaEast Health System has implemented additional safety measures to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses such as COVID-19 and influenza.
These additional safety measures include:
- Only patients and staff may enter CarolinaEast, unless otherwise approved by staff.
- Anyone who enters a CarolinaEast facility will be screened for respiratory signs and symptoms.
- Family and friends should consider virtual options to communicate with patients.
- Elective surgeries and procedures are being postponed when safe to do so.
- The Cafeteria is not open to the public and the dine-in seating area is closed to everyone.
- View further information on our visitation restrictions here.
Thank you for understanding. Safety is, and always has been, the guiding principle at CarolinaEast.
What are the best resources for new information?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is monitoring the outbreak of the respiratory disease coronavirus COVID-19. The situation is evolving rapidly, so the best resource for the latest information is the CDC website. There, you will find detailed information on COVID-19, including how it spreads, symptoms, prevention and treatment, testing and other frequently asked questions.
Additional information specific to North Carolina can be found on the NC Department of Health & Human Services website.
What can you do now?
The most important thing you can do is to keep yourself and family safe by:
- Practicing good hand hygiene – washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unsanitized hands.
If you have questions or concerns about COVID-19, the North Carolina Division of Public Health is the most appropriate organization to contact. They have established a call line at 866.462.3821 to address general questions about coronavirus from the public.