It appears that an event or an occurrence has not been selected.
Gentle yoga for people living with cancer
Intended to increase physical, mental and spiritual well-being through the practice of gentle, restorative poses and relaxation techniques.
Research suggests that yoga may:
- Enhance quality of life by relieving stress and anxiety.
- Combat the side effects of treatment, especially fatigue and depression.
- Boost energy levels and appetite.
What to expect:
- A relaxing and safe environment.
- All necessary equipment provided.
- A 90-minute class taught by a registered yoga teacher with a background in oncology nursing and research.
- Time for relaxation and gentle yoga poses, followed by a time for connecting with others.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in easily.
- It is preferable to practice in bare feet. Bring socks if your feet tend to get cold.
- The ability to sit or lie on the floor is not required.
- As with any yoga program, consult with your healthcare professional before you begin.
|Start time:||4:30 PM|
|End time:||6:00 PM|
|Location:||Twin Rivers YMCA|
|Contact:||Malinda Breda, Ph.D.|