Information For Family and Friends
At CarolinaEast Health System, we recognize that visitors play a very important part in the recovery process of our patients. We welcome the family and friends of our patients but ask that you remember that proper rest is critical to a successful recovery and that patient care remains our paramount interest. In order to facilitate families and patient care, we ask that the following guidelines and hours be observed regarding visitors.
- WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE ENTERING AND AFTER LEAVING THE PATIENT ROOM AND BEFORE AND AFTER TOUCHING YOUR LOVED ONE AND ADHERE TO ALL INFECTION CONTROL PRECAUTIONS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR YOU TO VISIT.
- CarolinaEast Health System is a smoke-free facility and campus. Absolutely no tobacco products are permitted on any medical center property.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at any one time. Visitors must obtain a pass from the information desk located on the first floor near the visitor elevators. Visitors in semi-private rooms must be considerate of both patients.
- Visits should be kept short. Visitors should help maintain a quiet environment and avoid any unnecessary noise.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Visitation by children under the age of 14 will not be permitted to visit patients with communicable or potentially communicable diseases. Children with communicable illness will not be allowed to visit. Visitation by children is discouraged for patients who are immunosuppressed.
- People with sore throats, colds or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during treatments or tests or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient privately. However, the patient may designate a support person to be present throughout the hospitalization.
- Each patient is entitled to unlimited visitation by one family member. This will be indicated by a red visitor pass. Two additional passes will be issued for visitors in addition to the red pass.
- Many of our patients are required to be on special diets. Please do not bring food or drink to a patient without first checking with the nursing staff.
- There are comfortable waiting areas throughout the Health System for the convenience of our visitors. Volunteers are stationed in many of these areas to assist you.
- Family members of patients who are terminally ill or acutely ill with danger of imminent death will be allowed unlimited visitation by family and individuals requested by the patient.
We are pleased to offer wireless internet connectivity in select areas of our Health System. Currently you may access the public internet in patient rooms, our main lobby just inside the main entrance and in our Surgery Waiting Area. You will be accessing the "CarolinaEast Public Internet" connection. We continue to work to expand our wireless access in other areas of the Health System.
Helping You Find Your Way
Printed maps of CarolinaEast Medical Center are available at the Visitor Information Desk. However, so you can familiarize yourself with our organization before you arrive, click here to print a copy of our map.